Free 30 days Visa upon arrival for all visitors.No prior visa is required to enter the Republic of Maldives. Entry permit will be granted to visitors on arrival at designated ports of entry, based on the immigration requirements.
Visa / Formalities
Visitors entering the Republic of Maldives should fulfill the following requirement for the grant of an entry permit into the country.
* Possession of a valid international travel document issued by the Government of a Sovereign State.
* Possession of a valid return air ticket to a destination where the passenger has permission to enter, together with necessary visas for the onward journey to the next destination.
* Possession of minimum of US$30.00 per person per day or confirmed hotel reservation for the intended period of stay in the Maldives. Following are exempted from this requirement.
o UN Personnel
o Approved persons for employment
o Technical and other experts attached to the Government
o Those who have confirm bookings in registered tourist resort/hotels etc
o Those Sponsored by Maldivians
* No prior visa is required to enter the Republic of Maldives. Entry permit will be granted to visitors on arrival at designated ports of entry, based on the immigration requirements.
* An entry permit does not allow an visitor to take up employment, set up any business or exercise any profession whether paid or unpaid except with the consent and in conformity with the pertinent laws and regulations of the Maldives. However, a visitor or foreign delegation visiting the Maldives to conclude business agreements, contracts or to negotiate business transactions with their counterparts do not require work permits if the stay does not exceed the duration granted on arrival.
* An expatriate must obtain a work permit from the Ministry of Human Resources Employment and Labour prior to arrival in Maldives to engage in employment.
* Visitors who stay beyond the period for which they have been approved may be deported.
* The Government of Maldives refuses admission and transit to holder of Merchant Seaman books.
* Disembarkation and Embarkation card shall be filled by every passenger and submitted to the Immigration Officer on entry